- Mexico has a population of 109,995,400
- Mexico City is the oldest city in North America and one of the largest cities in the world; it is larger than New York City
- Mexico is only second to Brazil in number of Catholics
- Guadalajara, Jalisco is the second largest city in Mexico and is known as the “soul of Mexico.” It was the heart of the Cristero Revolution in the early 20th century
- The average Mexican only finishes grade 6
- Over 54% of the population lives in poverty, meaning they live on less than $4 US a day
- Many families live in single-room brick structures erected on land that floods when it rains. Housing shortage is significant in the country
St. Peter in Chains Parish
The Fraternity is proud to open a new apostolate in Guadalajara called the Parish of St. Peter in Chains with Fr. Jonathan Romanoski and Fr. Daniel Heenan. Additionally, a new house of formation for young men discerning has just opened called Casa Cristo Rey. The need for a place of priestly formation in Latin America is urgent. This is a very exciting step for the work of the Fraternity in foreign apostolates!
Watch our video!
Chapel of the Immaculate Conception
In October of 2014, the Fraternity was invited by the Archdiocese of Mexico City to start a full time apostolate. The historic Chapel of the Immaculate Conception of Salto del Agua, in the center of Mexico City, has been chosen as the home for the community. Fr. Kenneth Fryar, who had originally served as pastor at the Fraternity parish in Guadalajara, resides at the chapel.
The Fraternity is most grateful to Cardinal Noberto Rivera Carrera for his invitation to serve the faithful in the capital city and home to Our Lady of Guadalupe.
ST. JUNIPERO SERRA SPANISH INSTITUTE
“What is the single greatest need in the priesthood today? It is holiness.” – Fr. John Hardon, SJ. A 9 week immersion program for priests and seminarians. Click below to read more.
CASA CRISTO REY
Click here to learn more about our house of formation in Latin American for young men discerning God’s call in their life.