Every faithful Catholic knows the importance of the missions. It is through the work of missionaries that countless souls have come to know the truth and beauty of our Catholic faith. And it can be difficult nowadays for faithful Catholics to find charities that focus on doing unambiguous good for the needy.
Our missions in Mexico, Colombia, and Nigeria seek first and foremost to bring the light of Christ to the people in these developing countries. But we also strive to help them in their daily lives by enhancing their health, education, agriculture, and infrastructure.
Already, our missions have changed many lives. But we can only reach as far as our resources allow—and millions more souls still need our help.
You can make an incredible difference! Your gift will enable us to educate and empower God’s children through sponsorships, support mission-run programs and community centers, and support seminarians in their journeys to the priesthood.
YOUR gift will enable Mission Tradition to:
- Teach the truth of Christ with clarity and compassion.
- Help sick and vulnerable people gain access to healthcare and medicine.
- Improve quality of life by providing an education rooted in the teachings of the Magisterium.
- Provide opportunity for youth to discern vocations.
- Build churches, schools, and other key pieces of infrastructure.
It is through YOUR generosity that the FSSP is able to reach out to those in desperate need by bringing them the message of Christ. YOUR gift gives hope and brings a future to all those living day-to-day, wondering what will happen next.
Sharing your gifts, along with your prayers, allows you to partner with Mission Tradition to help us Carry the Cross for those in need.
Offer a Gift
Grow Your Gift with Monthly Giving
Benefits to Monthly Giving
- Your ongoing, monthly support provides consistent funding to meet the mission’s needs and make personal budgeting easier.
- A smaller monthly donation makes a larger impact over time! A gift of $10 per month might be easier to manage than a one-time gift of $100 – and over the course of a year you’ve increased your donation by 20%!
- Set up a recurring monthly gift today, and know your charitable giving is in place for the entire year to come – no further action required.
- Automatic transactions save time, paper and postage.
- You can cancel at any time. If your situation changes for any reason, you can always change or cancel your gift with a simple phone call.
To set up a monthly donation to Mission Tradition, click the Donation Form above. Check the Make this a Recurring Gift box and indicate which day of the month you would like to give.
Offer a Gift by Phone
Please call our office at (570) 842-4000 weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST Donor Services will be happy to speak to you!
Offer a Gift by Mail
If you prefer to send a gift by mail, rather than online, you can use the form below. Just print , complete, and mail it to us so we can be sure to thank you properly!
Please make checks payable to Mission Tradition, and mail to :
Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter
450 Venard Rd
South Abington Twp, PA 18411
Donate from a Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
DAF Direct allows you to donate from your Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable or BNY Mellon account. If you have an account through another financial institute, please contact your financial institution directly to make a donation.
What is a donor-advised fund?
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAFs are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
How does it work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that
sponsors a DAF program
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free)
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice
What are the main advantages of a donor-advised fund?
Simplicity – The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
Flexibility – Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
Tax-efficiency – Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
Family legacy – A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
No start-up costs – There is no cost to establish a donor-advised fund. However, there are often
minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more).**
No transaction fees – Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.**
Privacy if desired – Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
- An individual or entity makes an irrevocable contribution to a sponsoring charitable organization to establish a donor-advised fund. This person becomes a donor-advisor.
- The sponsoring organization allocates the charitable contribution to the particular donor-advisor’s DAF. The donor-advisor has the opportunity to name the DAF (e.g. The John Doe Fund).
- The donor-advisor retains advisory privileges over the investment allocation for the DAF. Since the assets in the DAF belong to the sponsoring organization, any investment growth is tax free. The investment options available vary by sponsoring organization.
- The donor-advisor has advisory privileges over the disbursements made from the DAF. The
disbursements are recommended by the donor-advisor, but must meet the grant making criteria of the sponsoring organization. Typically, disbursements may only be recommended to IRS-qualified public charities exclusively for charitable purposes. Additionally, the donor may not receive any more than incidental benefits as a result of the disbursement.
- Once the sponsoring organization approves the recommended disbursement, the grant is made to the qualified charitable organization.
Offer a gift through an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)
What is a qualified charitable distribution?
A qualified charitable distribution (QCD) is a distribution of funds from your IRA directly to a qualified charitable organization, such as the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. Because the gift goes directly to the charity without passing through your hands, the dollar amount of the gift may be excluded from your taxable income up to a maximum of $100,000 annually, with some exceptions. Please consult your tax advisor for information regarding your specific exceptions. To learn more about QCDs, please visit IRS.gov
Who can make a qualified charitable distribution?
QCDs can be made by IRA owners who are age 70 1/2 or older. QCDs made prior to the age you are required to take a minimum distribution from your retirement assets (pre-Required Minimum Distribution QCDs) will not reduce or otherwise impact future Required Minimum Distribution. Your tax advisor can provide additional information on your particular situation.
Many individuals who are required to take money from their IRA but do not need it for living expenses have chosen to make QCDs from their IRAs to support the missions of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. This may make sense for you too!
How do I make a qualified charitable distribution to support the missions of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter?
Please consult your financial advisor to see if this is a good option for you.
Your QCD must be made directly from your IRA custodian to the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter on your behalf. Each financial institution has its own process for initiating a qualified charitable distribution. Account holders can sometimes find it challenging to access the right information. Several retirement plan administrators require you to use their distribution forms and comply with other requirements, so follow your financial institution’s forms and procedures to ensure you receive any potential tax benefits associated with this gift.
We have provided an IRA QCD form for your convenience below. Once the form is completed and signed, send it to your IRA trustee to request your distribution.
Have you already made your qualified charitable distribution?
If you’ve already made your gift to support FSSP Mission Tradition, Thank You!
To ensure we’re able to thank you properly, please contact us (FSSP Mission Tradition) at 570-842-4000 Ext. 124 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the exact amount of your gift, and the name of your IRA custodian so we can provide you with an acknowledgement for your contribution in a timely manner.