One of the most outstanding achievements of our mission in Colombia, run by Fr. Angel Rivero and Fr. Elvis Silva, is its top-notch school, which this past school year furthered its excellence. With the approval of the relevant curriculum by the educational authorities, Colegio Campestre Santo Domingo Savior (St. Dominic Savio Rural School) is now able to expand its services to Media Vocacional (grades 10-11) and bestow the accompanying degree. The school also constructed a proposal for an extra year between Basica Secundaria (grade 1-9) and Media Vocacional which would provide more time for the student’s intellectual and character development, work opportunities, exchange programs with the US and the pursuit of personal interests. The proposal received public recognition at the 4th Latin-American Congress of Rural Education and Psychology. The school closed the academic year with a total of 212 students ages 3-16 and the graduation of 54 students.
- Colombia is part of the ring of fire, a group of countries in the Pacific subject to earthquakes and volcanic eruptions
- Colombia is ranked one of the happiest countries in the world
- Roman Catholicism brought a huge influence on the culture; family is still a top priority in Colombian culture today
- Colombia accounts for 70% of cut flowers imported to the US
- Colombia produces 60% of the worlds emeralds
- Over 64% of the population lives in poverty
- 90% of the cocaine in the US comes from Colombia
- Drug-related violence is the second largest cause of death after cancer
Capilla de Nuestra Señora de Fatima
Our Lady of Fatima Mission, Anolaima
In October of 2004 Monseñor Héctor Julio López Hurtado, Bishop of Girardot (Colombia), opened the door of his diocese to the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, and we opened our first house in Latin American under the patronage of St. Martin de Porres on June 29, 2006, the Feast of St. Peter and Paul in Anolaima. Since then, the Fraternity of Saint Peter exercise their apostolic work by educating the children of God.
Hacer buenos cristianos y honrados ciudadanos
“Make good Christians and honourable citizens”
Donate and Send a Child to School
Just $40 a month can send a child to school. To give them a better education, trade skills and hope for the future.